We welcome the parent(s) presence during examination and treatment visits. However, this privilege will be evaluated according to each child's behavior. The parent(s) should be a passive observer at all times during the child's dental visit. We want your child's visit to our office to be a happy one. If your child has questions that are difficult for you to answer, please refer him/her to Dr. Sedighi for the proper answer and discussion.
Your child's first dental visit in our office will include:
- Meeting Dr. Sedighi and his staff and becoming oriented with the dental office.
- A thorough oral examination.
- Cleaning of teeth, flossing, scaling (as needed) and office fluoride treatment.
- Obtaining x-ray films for diagnostic purposes (only as needed). We follow the guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and American Dental Association.
- Consulting on-
- home oral hygiene which consists of tooth brushing, tooth paste, flossing and fluoride treatment
- oral habits
- tooth brushing technique for your child
- occlusion (bite)
- behavior management for home oral hygiene
- A diagnosis and treatment plan will be discussed with parent(s).
For your convenience, before your child's first appointment, please read our Welcome Letter for more information about the first visit and be sure to print our Personal Coloring Book below to help prepare your child for their first visit.
New Patient Forms
For your convenience, you can fill out all of your patient forms electronically prior to your first visit. In addition, you may use these forms to update your information every year before you come to the office.
The forms comes in two parts, you MUST COMPLETE BOTH FORMS before coming in.
1. Health History Form - This should be filled out once per child.
New Patient Health History Form
2. Financial Form - This form should be filled out once per household.
New Patient Financial Form
3. Make sure your appointment is scheduled with our office and we'll see you there!
Personalized Coloring Book
Your child will love having their own personalized coloring book from the dentist, and they can use it for years to come or you can preserve it in their scrapbook or baby book. It is fun and easy to use, try it yourself by clicking on one of the coloring books below.